Friday, February 7, 2020

Feb 7 2020 The Lord’s Prayer

Thy will be done.


One of the great blessings of my job is I get to accompany and help people who are discerning what God is calling them to do and be, when they may be called to ordained ministry. Yesterday was one of the days I sat through interviews of where beloved children of God asked questions of other beloved children of God, to clarify and affirm God’s call for them.

This is beautiful and holy work because unlike me, the seekers are actively praying and listening for God’s voice, and direction. And the discerners are actively praying and listening for God’s voice and direction. The discussions during these holy conversations is rich, and I’m generally humbled by the faith of all in the room.

The discussion yesterday turned to what one of the seekers envisioned for their ministry in the next three to five years. Their response was that as a person of faith, they believed they were precisely where God wanted them to be. Right now. Into the future, God’s hand will guide them, and where they end up – wherever it is – will be God’s will. I was reminded of their answer when I prayed the Lord’s Prayer this morning.

This morning, I’m thinking about God’s will, and my life. Thy will be done. My life is perhaps overly full right now. But with few exceptions, it’s full because of things I cannot control. I am grateful to be reminded that I’m right where I’m supposed to be, doing what I’m supposed to be. I absolutely need to keep an eye on my personal gas gauge, because I’m also certain I’m not supposed to run out of gas. But I can rest a little bit in the knowledge that God’s will is being done, and that I’m the precisely right person to be precisely where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment