Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Oct 21 2020

A few thoughts this morning. 

First, today is the anniversary of my ordination. Nine years.  I love my work as a a deacon, making sure the church knows what the needs of the world are, and helping the people of the church get out there and meet those needs.  For everyone who's been involved in my journey, or given me the opportunity to serve, thank you.  It's been an honor. 

An update.  Our loved one remains missing. This afternoon, my husband and I will try to locate them downtown. I cannot imagine three days on the streets in Portland. Not only is it getting colder at night, downtown looks like a battle zone, with boarded up buildings, fencing, torn down statues, and graffiti, thanks to COVID and continued nightly protests. Restful sleep has been evasive for me, as I'm sure for my loved one. 

Finally, many have asked how to 'subscribe' to this blog.  Hopefully this helps.  Here's a screen shot of what I see when I go to the website "WWW.Hawley-Hill.blogspot.com" (caps not necessary).

This is not the screen you see from any particular post, but from the blog itself, Hawley-hill.blogspot.com. Right below the greenish banner, on the right side of the page is a box that reads "Subscribe to updates by email", with a place you can put your email.   Just enter your email, and you're good to go! 

Thanks to everyone who's read, who's prayed, who's worried. Stay tuned for updates! 





3 comments:

  1. My prayers and heart are with you dear sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings for an Ordination Day Anniversary full of light and love. You surely have been a gift to those of us in formation to become Deacon’s...Thank you Reverend Carter Hawley, Deacon 🌺✝️🌺

    ReplyDelete