Saturday, October 24, 2020

Oct 24 2020

 Ok.  No coat. No money. No shoes (slippers). Our loved one is gone again.  They've been gone for 3 hours. It's 49 degrees out, heading to a low of 29 tonight.  

I don't want this to be my new normal.  There's nothing normal about it. And yet, this is twice in one week.  I can't decide whether I'm more angry or frustrated or scared.  Probably all of the above. 

Now I'll bundle up, head out to see if I can find them near our home, and then possibly head back downtown. At some point this feels like I'm chicken little, crying out that the sky is falling.  Just kidding.  No really, the sky falling.  

All I know for today is that when I ball my hands up and rail at God, God understands. 


 

3 comments:

  1. Heartbroken. Love you all, Carter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm wondering if your home with them, maybe consider putting locks above on the doors where maybe they can't reach?
    Praying for all of you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Challenging behaviors are almost always an attempt to communicate a concern or issue about not being able to live a self directed life. Maybe she will share with you her concerns.

    ReplyDelete