Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Feb 2 2022 Day 282 Luke 22:1–71


“You are those who have stood by me in my trials; and I confer on you, just as my Father has conferred on me, a kingdom, so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom…”



Before instituting the sacrament of communion, Jesus does this thing that I guess I’ve never noticed. “In confer on you a kingdom.” Right there, this amazing Kingdom of God is transferred again. God confers the kingdom on Jesus, and the night before he is to be killed, Jesus confers the kingdom to the people left after he leaves this world. The kingdom is here!

When we pray in the Lord’s Prayer, “thy kingdom come…on earth as it is in heaven”, maybe it’s not an uttered hope that the kingdom will come, because it already has. Maybe it’s a prayer that the kingdom that is on earth will be more like the kingdom in heaven.

Perhaps we need to stop thinking about someday, and about when we get to God’s kingdom. We need to stop putting off the good things, the kind acts, the mercy and love God calls us to. We need to stop acting now as if we’re filling the prerequisites to enter that kingdom. We need to remember this is the price for living in God’s kingdom come. This morning, I’m thinking about what I might do to make this kingdom more like the heavenly kingdom. Where can I love, share, forgive, more.

No comments:

Post a Comment