Friday, May 27, 2022

May 27 2022 Day 353 1 John 1:1–3:24


Beloved, we are God’s children now; what we will be has not yet been revealed.



This first letter of John is all about love. Love God. Love your Neighbor. If you don’t love your neighbor, you walk in darkness. Part of the reason we can walk in the light is because we are God’s children now, not children of the world.

This I’ve heard before. But the second part of this sentence struck me as new, or at least it felt new today. What we will be has not yet been revealed. I like this. I don’t remember how I answered as a kid, but if you were to ask me now what I want to be when I grow up, I have no idea. What I’ve become as an adult is fascinating, and I would never have dreamed of this life.

Of course, I’ve no idea what I will be after my death. But even before then, I get this sense that my tomorrow will reveal itself tomorrow. It’s a glorious unfolding of my days and years. I’ve had some weird turns, and at the time, they made no sense.

Even now, looking back, some of the twists in my life still don’t make sense. But it still feels like a glorious unfolding. But what I will be tomorrow, next year, ten years from now, has not yet been revealed. But I’m certain it will be glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment