Friday, March 4, 2022

House Update - Little Hallway Done


 

A quick update - 


This week's progress was slower than we anticipated. We started the week in a 7 car pileup on the freeway, and our car was totaled. Amazingly everyone was ok. I have a minor concussion,  which make naps more appealing than working. I have a lingering headache, but otherwise, we're both just fine. 

So back to the updates..

Faded Clergy Shirt Black/Green
I'd purchased a dark green that was named Juniper, but it should have been named Faded-Formerly-Black-Now-Dark-Green-Clergy-Shirt. 


That was too dark, so we went up the next lighter color.  It's still dark green but light enough that we liked it. 

Slightly lighter dark green



There's a hallway between the dining room and the kitchen that we decided to also paint this accent color dark green, so I prepped that hallway. That work involved cutting square holes in the plaster so I could patch jagged holes with drywall. Then I spackled the seams of the patch, and all of the other little holes in the plaster and on the wood trim and doorways. 

I primed the walls and trim, then painted the trim and wall. The trim is a color that will match the new Pella windows that will come in someday, a light cream color.  The walls were the slightly darker light green. 

Battery remote art light
There was no power in that little hallway and we had enough of running electric in the kitchen so I got ingenious.  I purchased a battery powered remote control art light and put it up high in the little hallway. 

I purchased a 24" x 36" frame and mounted it on the wall in the hall.  We will swap out pictures as the mood strikes us.  Right now, I have a great wintery tree.


With the little light, and the dark paint, I'm deeply satisfied with the hallway.  Another space done!  

This weekend, we plan to prime and paint the kitchen.  Coming along nicely. 


Here's the little light above the
opposite wall




This is the hallway during
daylight hours, and lights on.




This is the hallway at night 
with the art light on


View from dining room into kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment