Friday, January 4, 2019

Jan 4 2019 John 14: 6-14






I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these.

Really? Greater works than I do? Isn’t that a stretch? You’re God incarnate. We will do greater works than you? I don’t know about anyone else, but this seems like a tall tale. Whenever I hear this, I wonder how can anything I do be greater..

A dear angel-friend however reminded one of the ways how. As we often joke, she is my OLDEST friend, from playpen days.

I have a loved one in crisis. It’s been very challenging, and it never feels like I’m doing enough or the right things. I’m not even sure what the right things would be. In a long needed phone conversation, my angel reminded me that we are all put in the place to accompany others in this world; to walk with them on their journey. This could be aging parents, children, or friends in need. We are at the exact right place, and we are the exact right people to be there.

Not that I have a God-complex, but I believe what I’m doing with my loved one is a ‘greater work than these’. And I believe my friend’s call and counsel was too.

We do greater works than these when we accompany someone else on their journey in this world – through the good and bad – with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment